Mission Critical Facilities International (MCFI) is proud to offer a range of prefabricated modular data centers in a variety of configurations.
If you are interested in a prefabricated modular data center for your data center requirements, please contact us with your requirements.
Significant Advancement Over Legacy Solutions
Prefabricated modular data centers represent a significant technological advancement over legacy solutions. Prefabricated data center solutions are designed to be modular, pre-engineered, and factory-built. This means each module can be customized to meet the specific requirements of the application and they can be added or removed to accommodate changes in demand or technology. They're built in a controlled factory environment, which ensures consistent quality and performance.
Designed To Optimize Space
Prefabricated modular data centers are also designed to optimize space, reduce energy consumption, and minimize waste. The pre-engineered and factory-built nature of prefabricated data centers means they can be built faster and with fewer resources than traditional data centers, resulting in a lower total cost of ownership. They offer greater flexibility, scalability, and efficiency, allowing businesses to meet their evolving data center needs rapidly and cost-effectively.
Prefabricated Modular Data Centers by MCFI
Revolutionize your IT infrastructure with our ready-to-deploy prefabricated modular data center solutions for your organization. Our team of experts is dedicated to providing you with the highest level of service and support, ensuring your data center is running smoothly around the clock. We'll work with you to customize a solution that meets your specific needs, whether you're looking to upgrade your existing data center or build a new one from scratch.
Let us start by helping you understand the process. When it comes to prefabricated modular data centers, you'll hear several terms describing the process of designing, building, and deploying these solutions. Here are some key differences between four commonly used terms:
A predesigned data center refers to a solution that has been designed based on a set of predetermined specifications or requirements. In this case, the design process occurs before any physical construction takes place. The idea behind a predesigned solution is to create a standardized design that can be replicated across multiple deployments.
A preengineered data center goes a step further than predesigned by including detailed engineering plans and drawings for the construction and integration of the data center subsystems. This includes detailed documentation for the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems as well as the IT infrastructure. A pre-engineered solution is designed to meet predetermined performance specifications and comprises a documented list of materials, system-level specifications, and drawings of the integrated system.
A prefabricated data center is a pre-engineered data center that has its systems (hardware and software) preassembled, integrated, and tested in a factory environment to shorten the deployment time frame and improve the predictability of performance. This means the data center's various components are built in a factory setting and shipped to the deployment site for final assembly. This approach can significantly reduce the time and cost required for on-site construction.
A preassembled data center is a solution that has been assembled off-site and then transported to the deployment location. This can include pre-built IT racks or cabinets, as well as pre-assembled cooling or power modules. The idea behind preassembly is to reduce the amount of on-site construction required and to improve the speed of deployment.
Each of these terms refers to a different level of preconstruction work that occurs before deployment. While there might be some overlap between them, understanding the distinctions between predesigned, pre-engineered, pre-fabricated, and pre-assembled data center solutions can help companies choose the modular data center that best meets their specific needs.
Fast, Flexible and Fit to Form
Some prefabricated data centers include a mix of prefabricated modules and traditional systems, while others are fully prefabricated, meaning all three functional blocks (power, cooling, and IT) are prefabricated.
Form factor is a key attribute that distinguishes our prefabricated solutions. A form factor might be chosen based on the application, such as a data center required to be permanently mobile. In the context of prefabricated modular data centers, form factor refers to the physical size, shape, and configuration of the module or unit that houses the various subsystems. Form factor is an important attribute that distinguishes prefabricated solutions from one another and is often driven by the data center's application and capacity requirements.
Our Modular Prefabricated Data Center Solution
GENIUS Modular Data Centers by MCFI
The GENIUS prefabricated modular data center includes optimized components typically found in a traditional data center facility. Our standard features allow for easy integration with existing data center infrastructure and provide flexibility for future upgrades.
GENIUS Solution Highlights
Full of Function
Our prefabricated Genius data centers can serve multiple functions, also known as all-in-one configurations, or they can provide a specific data center function in the following cases:
- There might only be a need for a specific resource, such as power, cooling, or IT space, due to stranded capacity in the existing facility.
- If a greater IT capacity is required than what an all-in-one module can support, a single IT space might be necessary due to the modules' physical space constraints.
- You must separate personnel (e.g., IT, mechanical, electrical) for maintenance and operation purposes to reduce human error risks.
- You require an optimized footprint, and function-specific modules can use larger capacity components and share clearances to provide a greater kilowatt per square foot or square meter of space for specific functions such as power.
The GENIUS modular data center is a standout choice for businesses of any size, anywhere in the world. Here's why:
- Innovative and modular design allows for scalability and flexibility as needs change.
- Predesigned, pre-engineered, prefabricated, and preassembled components ensure consistency and reliability.
- UTI Tier III/TIA-942 compliance ensures high levels of availability and reliability.
- Lower initial cost per megawatt compared to traditional data center builds.
- Lower costs over time due to efficient and sustainable design.
- Rapid speed to market with delivery times reduced by 41%.
- Sustainable materials and low to zero emissions reduce environmental impact and improve environmental, social, and governance (ESG) score.
- Can operate in a wide temperature range of -40 to 150 degrees F.
- Eligible for substantial tax benefits in many parts of the world.
- Colocation in smaller markets provides more options for businesses.
- Maximized lease space with compact and efficient design.
- Reduced long-term maintenance.
MCFI is the go-to source for designing, sourcing and installing prefabricated modular data centers. We're ready to provide you with the best solution for your needs, even under the tightest deadlines, ensuring your company has the infrastructure it requires. We can design and pre-engineer units within a few months, with assembly and full operational capacity launching in about a year. Contact our data center design specialists to learn more.