The Generator Technician is responsible for providing project management support for all aspects of project life cycles. The Generator Technician is also responsible for scheduling and coordinating onsite activities, from the initial onsite assessment to the final onsite Integrated Systems Testing (IST). The Generator Technician will work closely with the Service team, Project team, Accounting, Logistics and estimating to ensure all projects are designed and implemented with the highest quality and conformance to applicable standards.
A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent is required, as is three (3) or more years of full-time professional employment in related experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired. Ability to travel by both car and air for the company. Possess a valid and unencumbered driver's license: ability to pass a criminal background, the Department of Motor Vehicles, and a credit check.
- Assist the Director of Service in creating project and maintenance schedules, including equipment delivery, electrical subcontractor efforts, and startup/testing activities.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on standby generator systems.
- Troubleshooting and diagnostic testing, load bank testing, and startups.
- Identifying causes of generator problems and/or failures.
- Participate in the On-Call rotation schedule.
- Providing emergency/unscheduled repairs of generators both during regular hours and after hours, weekends, and holidays as directed.
- Excellent organizational skills.
This exempt position has an expected work schedule of Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. The actual schedule of this position may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position may need to be available early in the morning, evening, and on weekends to satisfy the company's needs. This position will require travel to various work locations nationwide, with occasional international travel.
Physical strength/endurance to enable them to perform/participate in the following activities:
- Physically able to lift various materials up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- While performing required job tasks, be physically able to bend, crouch, and reach continuously.
- While performing required job tasks, be physically able to remain seated frequently or continuously.
- Possesses dexterity abilities required to perform typing, operate a computer and other office equipment, perform filing and related job responsibilities, and have attention to detail competence.
- Physically able to spend significant time reading on paper and on the computer.
Mission Critical Facilities International (MCFI) is a leading high-performance, secure, mission-critical infrastructure solution provider. With an unwavering commitment to delivering cutting-edge technology and innovative solutions, MCFI serves diverse clients, including government agencies, technology companies, financial institutions, and healthcare organizations. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, MCFI has established a reputation for excellence in providing state-of-the-art mission-critical facilities and infrastructure solutions.
MCFI is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
- Opportunity to advance career with a rapidly growing company
- Private Equity exposure