Field Service Technician (Multiple Positions)
Field Service Technician (Multiple Positions)
The Field Service Technician is responsible for providing project management support for all aspects of project life cycles. The Field Service Technician is also responsible for scheduling and coordinating onsite activities from the initial onsite assessment to the final onsite Integrated Systems Testing (IST). The Field Service Technician will work closely with the Service team, Project team, Accounting, Logistics and estimating to ensure all projects are designed and implemented with the highest quality and conformance to applicable standards.
A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent is required, as is three (3) or more years of full-time professional employment in related experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired. Knowledge of successful project management, purchase order management, vendor management, training, and related testing procedures. Ability to travel by both car and air for the company. Possess a valid and unencumbered driver’s license. Ability to pass a criminal background, Department of Motor Vehicles, and credit check.
- Assist Director of Service in creating project schedules to include equipment delivery, electrical subcontractor efforts, and startup/testing activities.
- Maintain weekly schedules to ensure project milestones are achieved.
- Assist Director of Service in coordinating onsite efforts, which include directing and organizing electrical subcontractor work, responding to field issues, and ensuring applicable codes and regulations are followed.
- Perform pre-job site visits to gather data for developing estimates and installation scopes of work.
- Review electrical plans and designs to confirm technical accuracy and identify any potential discrepancies or risks to the project. Seek clarification with estimating and create alternate solutions as required.
- Supervise onsite startup and/or commissioning of company supplied equipment.
- Plan, conduct, and document onsite Integrated Systems Testing (IST) for company supplied equipment.
- Ensure all installations meet applicable standards.
- Equipment testing of UPSs, ATSs, Battery Cabinets, and
- Assist Logistics with timing of all equipment testing.
- Ensure safety of personnel while testing.
- Proper documentation of testing.
- Testing and recording reports of batteries.
- Charging of batteries as needed.
- Assist with minor repairs/installations in the office and warehouse.
- Assist when needed for onsite supervision during replacement/install efforts at the client's
- Assist the service director as needed for onsite supervision.
- Perform minor PMs on generators, ATSs, UPSs, CRACs, DC plants, and other critical equipment.
- Other duties as required.
This is an exempt position with an expected work schedule of Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. The actual schedule of this position may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position may need to be available early in the morning, evening, and weekends to meet the needs of the company. This position will require travel to various work locations across the country, with occasional international travel.
Physical strength/endurance to enable him/her to perform/participate in the following activities:
- Physically able to lift various materials up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- While performing required job tasks, be physically able to bend, crouch, and reach continuously.
- While performing required job tasks, be physically able to remain seated frequently or
- Possesses dexterity abilities required to perform typing, operate a computer and other office equipment, perform filing and related job responsibilities, and have attention to detail competence.
- Physically able to spend significant time reading both on paper and on a computer.
In this position, the incumbent is expected to have or possess:
- Ability to handle highly confidential material, understanding that all company information should only be disclosed to others who have a need to know, for legitimate business reasons.
- Ability to exercise and apply sound judgment and decision-making skills, as well as the ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Ability to provide analytical thought process to decision making and have successful interpersonal skills to facilitate collaboration, operational improvements, and the implementation of administrative best practices.
- Ability to uphold company culture by providing an example for others to follow and holding others accountable to behavior consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Ability to balance priorities to accomplish assigned tasks within the required time frame and to be able to shift quickly between several tasks without loss of continuity.
- Ability to be self-motivated and stay current with emerging technologies.
- Ability to effectively interpret and explain detailed reports and to express ideas effectively in oral and written form with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to accept effective supervision, assignments, change, and correction.
- Ability to engage in meaningful and intentional professional development appropriate for areas of responsibility.
- Ability to carry out all responsibilities and objectives in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain professionalism when dealing with all staff and other customers while fostering positive relationships.
- Ability to accept and render constructive criticism in a professional manner.
- Ability to adhere to the policies and procedures established by the company.
Mission Critical Facilities International (MCFI) is a leading high-performance, secure, mission-critical infrastructure solution provider. With an unwavering commitment to delivering cutting-edge technology and innovative solutions, MCFI serves diverse clients, including government agencies, technology companies, financial institutions, and healthcare organizations. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, MCFI has established a reputation for excellence in providing state-of-the-art mission-critical facilities and infrastructure solutions.
MCFI is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
- Opportunity to advance career with a rapidly growing company
- Private Equity exposure