Thomson TS 870 ATS
Thomson Power Systems TS 870 series of Automatic Transfer Switches employ two mechanically interlocked enclosed contact power switching units and a microprocessor based controller to
automatically transfer system load to a generator supply in the event of a utility supply failure. System load is then automatically re-transferred back to the utility supply following restoration of the utility power source to within normal operating limits.
Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/missioncriticalgroup.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/bb-theme-child/woocommerce/single-product/meta.php on line 25
The standard TS 870 series Automatic Transfer Switch is rated for 100% system load and requires upstream over current protection. The TS 870 Automatic Transfer Switch may be supplied with optional integral over current protection within the enclosed contact power switching units for applications such as Service Entrance Rated equipment.
The TS 870 series transfer switches use a type TSC 900 microprocessor based controller, which provides all necessary control functions for fully automatic operation. The TSC 900 controller consists of two parts; a front door mounted graphical touch screen display (GHC), and a switch control unit (SCU) which is mounted inside the transfer switch door. The two parts are interconnected via a USB 2.0 high speed communication cable which includes DC power.
Enclosed Contact Power Switching Units
• Fully enclosed silver alloy contacts provide high withstand rating & 100% continuous current rating.
• 3 cycle short circuit current withstand.
• 10 cycle 6X overload current rating
• Completely isolated utility and generator side power switching units.
• Power switching units can incorporate overcurrent protection, allowing cost savings in upstream devices.
• Not damaged if manually switched while in service.
Reliable Motor-Operated Transfer Mechanism
• Heavy duty brushless gearmotor and operating mechanism provide mechanical interlocking (for open transition ATS) and extreme long life.
• Stored Energy: Motor Operators for fast CTTS
• Safe manual operation permits operation under adverse conditions.
• All mechanical and control devices are visible and front accessible.
• All control wires and power busses are front-accessible.
• Plug-in TSC 900 Transfer Switch Controller
• TSC 900 microprocessor based controller with 7” color touch screen graphical display and programmable inputs/outputs.
• Isolation plug permits disconnecting control circuits from all power sources.
• ISO 9001 Registered
• Models from 100-1200 Amp continuous current
• Available 2, 3 or 4 pole
• All models 50/60Hz rated
• Voltage range 120-600 VAC
• 3 phase, 3 or 4 wire systems
• Open Transition or Closed Transition ATS
• 1000/1200A offer fast Open Transition transfer, with inphase monitoring
Seismic Certification: TS 870 ATS is certified for installation and operation per the following requirements:
• IBC 2012– Section 13, Occupancy Category IV
• ASCE7-05 Region 3 (minimum SS=200%)
• UL 1008 Automatic Transfer Switches for use in
• CSA C22.2 No. 178 Automatic Transfer Switches
• NFPA 110 Standard for Emergency and Standby Power Systems