We are seeking an energetic, detailed-oriented Accounting Manager to lead our accounting department in all day-to-day activities as well as spearhead process improvement initiatives through the use of technology and other tools. The ideal candidate will be excited about contributing to the team's success and will have a team-player and continuous improvement mentality.
The Accounting Manager will ensure that:
- Monthly financial reporting is completed on time and error-free
- Financial operations are running smoothly
- Actual performance vs. budget/projections are understood and communicated timely
- The accounting department is a reliable partner for our business and supports achievement of company goals
This position will report to the VP of Finance and will be responsible for a team of 3-4 accounting staff.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant accounting and finance experience, with at least two (2) years of experience supervising a team
- Deep understanding of financial close process including the preparation journal entries, reconciliation schedules and financial statement package
- Experience in financial operations including A/R, A/P, Treasury, Payroll and state and local tax compliance
- Experience analyzing budget to actual results
- Ability and desire to mentor and train staff
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Advanced computer skills and ability to quickly learn and adopt new software tools
- High degree of professionalism and strong sense of ownership and pride in your work
Nice To Haves
- Sage 300 CRE experience
- Background in a distribution, construction, or manufacturing environment
- Active CPA license
- 401(K), medical, dental fully covered for employee
- Full time in office, potential for hybrid schedule in the future.